Bullittproofs 2006 Mustang GT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullittproofs 2006 Mustang GT

Well the wife, father-in-law and myself made the trip to Ellwood City, PA today. Caitlin gave me money to myself out another car for Father’s Day, and we ended up bringing this home. As some people know, it’s been a few years since I had anything like this so I’m ecstatic.

Mod List:
    1.5” SR Springs
    UMI Panhard bar
    FRPP strut tower brace
    FRPP 3.73s
    Jlt CAI
    Sct Tuner
    Pypes O/R Hpipe, M80 mid mufflers, Slp loudmouth axle back.
    18” 10th Anniversary Wheels
    MSD 2step

Pro

Sadly, on the way home the factory clutch happened to take a crap on me just outside of Waynesburg, PA. An Exedy clutch kit, 4 new tires, and a MGW shifter are currently on the way. Hope to have these installed this week along with the new shocks/struts/brakes the previous owner let me take. Now it’s. Just a waiting game for parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bullittproof; 06-16-2018, 01:30 AM.

Truly shitty luck on the clutch thing, beautiful car though. We will get her fixed up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    15 STI, 17 Cummins, 18 ZL1 in the Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerZL1 View Post
      Truly shitty luck on the clutch thing, beautiful car though. We will get her fixed up soon.

Yea, no biggie. I’m over it now, other than the fact I have to wait a week to drive it.

Comment

To bad it didn’t make it to the drags on Sunday. It’s a nice looking car. It appears to be in really good condition.

Last edited by Travis104; 06-16-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

The car is super clean for the mileage, no rust anywhere. Bought this car with the intent of a throwing in a forged shortblock/boost, so mileage wasn’t a huge issue. I was hoping to run this, but I may end up making some passes with the S4

Comment

Nice looking ride. Sucks about the clutch, but easy fix. It will be back on the road soon.

Comment

So wait... all that facebook shit talking and your car doesn't have a clutch?

It looks sexy man...

I don't know a lot about the 4.6 3 valve but I have heard that a lot of the blocks start having issues when they get above 500. options available for cobra motor or coyote?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC5WS6 View Post

It looks sexy man...
                Haha, that’s what was so hilarious about it. All that shit talking with a couple busted ass cars.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC5WS6 View Post

It looks sexy man...

I don't know a lot about the 4.6 3 valve but I have heard that a lot of the blocks start having issues when they get above 500. options available for cobra motor or coyote?
                  Thanks Steve

The main weak links seem to be the rods and pistons...450whp is about the limit before really getting into the danger zone. I’m tossing around ideas of what I want to do at the moment. I’ve considered a forged 5.0 stroker shortblock from a few places, and a turbo setup. Forrced Induction is the only way to really make any power out of them. May just throw a turbo setup on and just drive it for a while. If it croaks before I can buy a shortblock then whatever. I’ll just throw another 4.6 in. However I would really enjoy a solid 5-600whp car I can beat on and not worry about too much. Hell, I’ll just be happy to get the clutch in it tonight lol. I’m happy just to have something other than my welding rig at this point.

Comment

What kind of gears are in it, and how much does it weigh?

Comment

3.73 weight I believe is 3600

Comment

Good gears, and weight isn’t horrible compared to the camaros and challengers.

Comment

Not terrible 450hp and it would good race for the STI

Comment

Originally posted by RogerZL1 View Post
                            Not terrible 450hp and it would good race for the STI
                            It all depends on traction...lol

Comment

I believe the clutch went in last night I was tied up and couldn’t participate.

Comment

Working...
                              X